For advanced developers, you can use Velocity scripts in your emails by setting up an Email Script token. Here's how to do it.
1. In the My Tokens tab of your program or folder, drag an Email Script token to the Local Tokens canvas.
2. Drag in tokens from the tree on the right.
3. Note that the token becomes checked/active after it's been added.
If you're typing in tokens free-form, be sure to check/activate all corresponding tokens in the tree, or they will be treated as plain text and won't work.
7. Write your script in Velocity. Here are some useful resources to help you:
- Marketo Developers Email Scripting Documentation
- Velocity User Guide
- Velocity Reference Guide
- VelocityTools 2.0 Documentation
8. Once your is script is complete, click Save.