Admins can override Marketo's determined priority for trigger campaigns to set priorities that better align with business objectives.
This feature is only available for trigger campaigns and to users who have been granted the “Edit Trigger Campaign Priority” permission.
It is strongly advised that you use this feature on a limited set of business critical campaigns (25 is the recommended maximum). Using the feature loosely on a large set can adversely affect overall campaign execution.
1. In your trigger campaign, click the Schedule tab, then click Override Priority.
2. Choose a new priority level from the drop-down. Click Confirm.
- You can view your campaign's default priority in the Campaign Queue under Marketing Activities. To boost execution rate, we recommend setting your campaign priority to one level higher than its default.
- User set priority applies only to new people who qualify for the campaign; people who are already in-queue will not be affected.
1. To reset campaign priority back to the system default, go to the Schedule tab in your trigger campaign and click Reset Priority.
2. Click Reset to confirm.
Priority overrides and resets are captured in Audit Trail. You can view the Audit Trail through the Admin area in the classic experience.
Grant Priority Override Access
Only Admins or users with admin responsibilities should have campaign priority override access.
1. In the Admin area, click Users & Roles.
2. Click the Roles tab, select the user you want to grant access to, then click Edit Role.
3. Under Access Marketing Activities, check Edit Trigger Campaign Priority. Click Save.
View Campaign Priority in Classic
You can view campaign priority in the classic experience by clicking the Schedule tab within a trigger campaign.
The priority in the classic experience is view-only. Changing or resetting campaign priority is only available through Marketo Sky.